Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Join NAHAM
Entering chief complaints in emergency department..
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/20/2013 at 6:03:46 AM GMT
Entering chief complaints in emergency department..
Hi everyone!  I would be interested in hearing what rules or guidelines other emergency departments follow in regards to entering chief complaints at the quick registration level... and do's or don'ts you must follow.  Thank you for your input!

Anna Kimmich, PSS, CHAA
Trauma Administrative Team
York Hospital Emergency Department
mailto:akimmich@wellspan.org

6/18/2014 at 6:18:00 PM GMT
Hi Anna, for our amulatory entrance patients we enter chief complaint as provided by the patient. At our ambulance bay entrance, we enter whatever the EMS squads provide. Can I ask you a quesiton now? :) What is your reg turnaround time on completing the quick reg once the patient is seen by the ED doc?

10/16/2014 at 3:52:17 AM GMT
I so apologize for how long it has taken me to read this. Our quick reg is performed as soon as the patient comes in the door in triage. If they stay out front and are seen and discharged by one of our nurse practitioners, they are fully registered out there at that time. If they come to the back, we try to fully register them right away or as soon as we can, depending on how many people we have to register. We do not wait for our docs to see the patient before we register them. I know that some follow that rule and believe that it is a requirement to wait until the patient is seen by a physician... but it is not.

Anna Kimmich, PSS, CHAA
Trauma Administrative Team
York Hospital Emergency Department
mailto:akimmich@wellspan.org

5/21/2015 at 3:52:41 PM GMT
Do any of you have a sign-in sheet/log for the ED? If so, what are you using for a format? We are running into trouble with the set up we have and are interested in re-formating.

Community Search
more Calendar

4/23/2019 » 4/26/2019
NAHAM 45th Annual Conference

NAHAM News

© National Association of Healthcare Access Management
2025 M Street NW, Suite 800: Washington, DC 20036
(202) 367-1125 : info@naham.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal  ::   Privacy Policy
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal