Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Join NAHAM
Epic Forum
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Format of last name in Epic 0 N. Farrington   I recently discovered that when I search for a patient record in Epic that is a very significant difference in the records that are found depending on whether an apostrophe or a space is used in entering the last name.  I wonder if the same issue will happen with hyphens; I have not experimented yet. Since Epic "accepts"  spaces, hyphens and apostrophes we were unaware of the impact.  It causing duplicate MRN for us.   Has anyone created a standard practice for this field? If yes, would you be willing to share it. If not, are you experiencing duplicates because some staff use the punctuation and others do not?
by N. Farrington
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Medicare and reporting 0 J. Clouse     Hello! I am new to my role as interim supervisor for outpatient rehabilitation for PT, OT, and ST therapy! I was hoping to reach out to my colleagues whom may schedule for Medicare rehab therapies Ortho, Neuro service lines. Do you have a process embedded in EPIC to calculate Medicare therapy caps? Or what is your process for calculating Medicare therapy caps?   Thank you!   Jackie
by J. Clouse
Thursday, July 25, 2019
Anonymous Patients 3 N. Farrington At Children's, we use Doe, City Name (first name) and a set of two letters for middle name. In this instance, we keep the temporary identity in place for 12 hours or until there is no anticipated impact to Blood Bank or the OR. After that timeframe, we reach out to the clinical team to obtain approval to change the name.
by S. Benintendi
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Medicare Secondary Payor 0 L. Lilienstein When we run RTE for a Medicare Advantage plan it does not come back with the secondary payor information since it is ran against the advantage plan and not Medicare. Has anyone encountered this and how are you getting the secondary payor information real time?
by L. Lilienstein
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
SOGI 0 N. Farrington     We will be implementing SOGI in the fall and are working on the build now.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is ahead of us on this journey Thanks!
by N. Farrington
Friday, June 21, 2019
Registration Score Cards 0 A. Heaster Would anybody be willing to share what information they are capturing on their front end registration score cards and how they are capturing this information? Are there specific reports in EPIC that you are using? Thank you in advance for help.
by A. Heaster
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Epic Referral WQ's 0 L. Arrington Has anyone had to modify Epic Referral WQ's for Insurance Verification's after Go-Live?  If so what did the changes consist of?  Any help would be appreciated. 
by L. Arrington
Monday, June 3, 2019
Thanks 0 N. Farrington Patty Consolver, Thanks for getting this forum created.  I look forward to reading and sharing questions and issues related to Epic.  Since I am the HIM Manager for Data Integrity (and Patient Identification) my topics may not be the most common Patient Access issues.
by N. Farrington
Thursday, May 23, 2019

Community Search

© National Association of Healthcare Access Management
2025 M Street NW, Suite 800: Washington, DC 20036
(202) 367-1125 : info@naham.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal  ::   Privacy Policy
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal