Check out NAHAM’s New Online Positive Patient Identity Course
Presented and Created by NAHAM with co-contributor LifeMed ID
Validating patient identity is crucial to the continuity of patient care and the reduction of patient record errors and fraud at your facility. Accurately identifying patients and ensuring that they are linked to the correct medical records is an extremely important part of patient treatment.
This course will help you:
- Understand the importance of patient information and identity validation
- Explore the benefits of proper patient authentication
- Learn about the types of fraud and abuse that can occur
Take the online exam at the end of the course, and you will be eligible to receive 1.0 NAHAM-approved contact hour.
Expand your knowledge on positive patient identity. Visit the NAHAM online store to purchase the course today!
*Please note: a website user account is required to view the online store. If you do not already have a website account, you will need to create one to access the course.
Armed with knowledge and skills, access to special resources, and problem-solving abilities, CHAM and CHAA certified employees are able to implement solutions more quickly and with fewer problems. Studies show that certified professionals are paid more than their non-certified counterparts, and are more productive in their work. Certification is an achievement indicator that the individual has taken their career initiatives to a higher level.
The Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM)
certification requires two years of management experience in the healthcare of finance industry, plus a high school diploma and GED equivalent plus 90 hours of professional development within the past three years or a four year degree from an accredited institution in healthcare, business, or related field.
The Certified Healthcare Access Association (CHAA)
certification requires one (1) year practical work experience in the healthcare or finance industry or successfully completed an accredited college program in healthcare and a high school diploma or GED equivalent plus thirty (30) professional development contact hours earned within the past two (2) years; or an associates/ bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in healthcare, business or related field, plus one professional reference.
Visit the certification page
for more information.
The National Association of Healthcare Access Management promotes best practices, standards, and subject matter expertise; provides an array of networking, education, and certification opportunities; and enables our members to influence and promote high quality delivery of Patient Access Services. Membership in NAHAM, the premier society for Patient Access professionals, provides an abundance of benefits. These include:
- Exclusive members-only access to the NAHAM AccessKeys, the first key performance indicators developed exclusively for Patient Access professionals
- Access to NAHAM’s exclusive members-only toolkits including the CMS survey toolkit, Joint Commission Survey toolkit, Patient Identity Integrity toolkit and, coming soon, the Patient Experience toolkit
- Discounted Registration to the NAHAM Annual Conference
- Exclusive access to NAHAM’s publications, the Access Management Journal and Connections.
- Free and discounted registration for NAHAM webinars and other educational opportunities.
- And much, much more.
Visit the membership page for more information and to join.