Price: $25.00 non-refundable application fee to be paid at the time of submission. Upon acceptance, NAHAM will invoice the sponsoring institution for $350.00
Accredited Programs will be listed on the NAHAM website and all students will meet the eligibility requirement of "successful completion of a NAHAM-accredited program in patient access.” Status will be valid for a three year (calendar year) period.
Accredited Institution: Each sponsoring institution must be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher or continuing education meets acceptable levels of quality.
Faculty Credentials: At least one member of the faculty designing or teaching the curriculum must hold a CHAA or CHAM certification. One member of the Faculty must also be an approved NAHAM CHAA examination proctor (if the institution plans to administer the exam).
Exam fees: Each sponsoring institution is responsible for providing registration and exam payment instructions to their candidates and ensuring candidates meet all other eligibility criteria. Information is available in the Candidate Guide to Certification, which should be distributed to all enrolled students.
Each of the following must be submitted with the application material:
- Course Description (as listed in the course catalogue)
- Course Objectives: Measurable learning objectives for the course that will be disclosed to learners
- Content Outline and course syllabus. Content outline must include all subjects to be covered during the course (see below for list of suggested topics).
- Number of hours and credits earned
- Course Schedule (dates and time of meeting)
- CV of course faculty
- Texts required reading for the course (CHAA study guide is required and supplied to accredited organization for distribution)
- Prerequisites for the course
- Date of most recent revision to the course design□ Description of work-study, internship program (if applicable)
- Course grading or evaluation rubric and weighting scale
List of Suggested Subjects and Topics for Curriculum:
- Medical Terminology
- Health Insurance
- Customer Service
- Revenue Cycle
- Office Skills (Writing Basics and Typing Skills)
- Healthcare Employee Productivity Report (HEPR)
- Patient Satisfaction
- Service and Quality
- Patient Relations
- Effective Communication
- Medical Office Policies and Procedures
- Medical Records
- Informed Consent
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Healthcare Administration and management
- Software Applications in Healthcare Organizations
- Reimbursement in Healthcare
- Career Planning and Management