Learning Lab Presenter Information
Please read the following guidelines and suggestions carefully and prepare your oral presentation and PowerPoint presentation accordingly. Clear, readable slides and a well-rehearsed script are vital to a successful presentation.
As a reminder PowerPoint presentations must be uploaded by April 8, 2016 using the official cover slide as your first title slide and the second slide for other slides.
The PowerPoint template is available by clicking here.
How to Give an Effective Presentation Webinar
In March, NAHAM member and seasoned presenter Stacy Calvaruso hosted a webinar which provided tips for making effective presentations. You can access the webinar recording here (speaking begins at the 3:11 mark), and you can access the slides from Stacy’s presentation here.
You should prepare your presentation well in advance of the meeting. Practice your presentation so that you may speak from memory and notes rather than just reading aloud.
As you practice, check to be sure that your presentation does not exceed your time limit. You should plan your presentation carefully and coordinate each step of your lecture with your slides.
Presenting without the need to read or refer to note cards will allow you optimal eye contact with the audience. If you choose to use written materials, the following suggestions apply:
- Have the presentation prepared for oral presentation. Your copy should be highly legible, double or triple spaced, with well-marked cues for slides.
- Number the sheets of your copy. Make sure your presentation lays flat for easy turning.
- Arrive at the session early and acquaint yourself with the location of the equipment you will be using.
- NAHAM will provide laptops for your presentation, please bring your presentation on a flash drive.
- Internet access will be available in your meeting room at your expense. If you need Internet access you must contact NAHAM by March 30, 2016. We cannot accommodate requests for Internet after this date. Again, the expense for the Internet connection will be your responsibility.
PowerPoint slides are required for all sessions. Failure to submit slides by the posted deadline will result in cancellation of your session.
NAHAM will make all PowerPoint files available to registrants in advance and up to one month after the 40th annual conference. A handout book will not be provided to registrants but note taking tablets will be given to each registrant.
- All slide presentations MUST be created with PowerPoint for PC. No Mac-based presentations may be used unless the version is PC compatible.
- It is required that you use the title slide template for your presentation. Please download the title slide and make it the first of your presentation.
- Slides must be uploaded via the NAHAM Web site by April 8, 2016.
- Slides must be simple enough to comprehend at a glance.
- Titles are recommended as a means of orienting the audience.
- One idea per slide is the most effective form of presentation.
- It is often desirable to use your last slide for a list of your conclusions.
- Slides that have white letters on a black, dark blue or dark purple background are the easiest to read.
- Block letters with bold typefaces are preferable.
- Keep in mind that some attendees will be seated very far away from the screen. The clearer your slides, the more readable they will be from the back of the room.
If you have any questions regarding presentation or slide preparation, please contact NAHAM at (202) 367-1125 or email@example.com.
Please note that presenters have access to the following A/V through NAHAM:
- (1) Laptop with USB port
- (1) 8' Tripod Screen
- (1) LCD Projector & (1) 34” projector cart
- (1) Podium mic
- (1) M68 mixer
- (1) Laser Pointer
- (1) Audience Microphone with Mic Stand
Any additional A/V components should be provided by the presenter.
Please note that complimentary conference registration is provided to each session, not each speaker; it is up to the presenters in each session to determine which presenter will receive the complimentary registration.
Please click here to register for the conference. On the first page of the online registration form, please enter source code SPKR16 in the Source Code box at the bottom of the screen.
Permission to Record
NAHAM would like to offer an opportunity for continuing education to those members who are not able to attend the NAHAM Annual Conference by recording your session at the Conference. After the conference, we will be offering these recordings for purchase in our online store.
NAHAM staff will be recording your presentation. As such, we will be utilizing NAHAM laptops to ensure that all equipment works properly. Therefore, you are no longer responsible for providing your own laptop for your session. You will need to put your presentation on a flash drive and bring it with you to present at the conference.
Please review and complete the Recording Release form, granting NAHAM permission to record your session. Please complete the form by Friday, April 8. Please note that this form must be completed in order for you to present at the conference.
Questions regarding presentation recordings can be directed to Erica Klein, NAHAM Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upload Your Presentation
Please upload your presentation using the field below by April 8, 2016. As a reminder, the template is available by clicking here.