Need help in preparing for the next CHAM or CHAA certification examination? NAHAM has developed a variety of products and tools to help you as you prepare.
Preparedness Assessment Tools*
NEW: CHAA Online Certification Preparation Course – an internet based program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CHAA exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam.
- Learn about the CHAA examination
- Assess what you already know
- Discover your weak areas
- Learn successful test-taking strategies
- Develop a study plan that will help you prepare for the examination.
In addition, the CHAA certification Preparation course comes with access to:
- NAHAM Access Management Glossary
- CHAA Certification Preparation Course Participant Guide
- MSP Fact Sheet
- Over 100 Multiple choice practice questions throughout the course
Cost: $50 for members and non-members. Click here to purchase. Please note: this course expires 90 days after purchase date.
CHAM Assessment Indicator – review a list of topics that will be covered on the exam and test your ability to demonstrate proficiency by answering a series of questions via a brief survey.
Cost: Free. Click here to access.
CHAM Study Guide – reviews key information related to the various functions of patient access services throughout the access continuum. Features of the study guide include:
- CHAM Examination Content Outline
- A glossary of terms
Cost: $50 for members, $75 for non-members. Click here to purchase.
Please note: this study guide was last updated in 2012.
E-Learn Associate™ and E-Learn Manager™ - interactive study aids complete with narrated instruction, activities, downloadable materials, and online quizzes.
The E-Learn Associate™:
- Delivers a brief overview of the three different areas of the CHAA exam content: pre-encounter, encounter and future development
- Offers definitions and high level overviews of topics from customer service to data integrity
- interactive virtual study tool for individuals preparing to take the CHAM Exam
E-Learn Associate™: $25 for members and non-members. Click here to purchase.
E-Learn Manager™: $50 for members, $75 for non-members. Click here to purchase.
Upon payment, you will receive login instructions including a username/password combination. Please note: this course expires 90 days after purchase date.
In addition to the above educational self-preparedness tools and study aids, NAHAM also encourages the formation of study groups to assist in examination preparation. For more information, reference the Certification Study Groups Handbook.
More information on the CHAA and CHAM certification examinations can be found in the Candidate Guide to Certification.
*All CHAA and CHAM assessments, study guides and other such tools serve as basic introductions to the examinations and are intended for use solely as an aid to help determine your preparedness. It is recommended that you review all available resources to prepare for your certification. These products are non-refundable.