All CHAM and CHAA examinations must be proctored. Examination applicants must inform NAHAM of their proctor’s identity at the time of application. The responsibilities of NAHAM Certification Examination proctors include ensuring a proper testing site, providing the candidates with their private examination access codes, guarding against any irregularities during the examination, and other matters. All proctors must complete the Proctor Training module offered through this website.
NAHAM requires for any examination administration involving five or more candidates that a minimum of two qualified individuals simultaneously proctor the examination.
Interested in serving as a proctor? Click here to access the Proctor Database Form
Having trouble finding a proctor? Search our Proctor Database to find someone in your area!
Guidelines Regarding Who May Serve as a Proctor:
- Proctors may not be a manager/supervisor or a subordinate of the examination candidate.
- Individuals who are CHAM certified may proctor either the CHAM or the CHAA examination pending compliance with number 1 above. Those individuals holding only the CHAA credential may not serve as proctors.
- If your hospital has an Education or Training department, a manager level or above staff person who is not a direct supervisor of the candidate may serve as proctor.
- Examinations may be taken at the NAHAM Annual Conference each spring. You may contact NAHAM directly to be informed of the identity of the proctor and include this information on your application form.
- NAHAM Regional Delegates also may be of assistance to help you identify a proctor. Another possible solution is to contact CHAM certified individuals located in or near your city or town. You can use the online NAHAM community directory to identify CHAM certified individuals located near you or you may contact NAHAM for assistance.
- You may change your proctor if you need to, simply email or call NAHAM to let them know about the change and be ready to provide the name, title, email and phone number of the new proctor.
- All Proctors are required to take the NAHAM Proctor Webinar before administering any NAHAM examination.
Click here to access all proctor materials for examination day.