Present a Poster Session
Engage your entire team, earn valuable NAHAM Contact Hours, and generate publicity for department, your staff, and your hospital!
How? Present a poster session at NAHAM's 41st Annual Educational Conference & Exposition. A poster presentation is a great opportunity for you to share your successes, tips, and process improvements with conference attendees from across the country.
If NAHAM receives 8 or more poster board submissions, there will be an onsite competition at the conference to select the best presentation; winners will be announced on site and awarded a prize to be determined at a later date.
How to Submit Your Proposal
If you are interested in presenting a poster, please contact Kirsten Mills at NAHAM at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting your proposal (name of presenters, full name of presentation as it should appear in the program, and agreement to attend Poster Board on Monday, April 20 from 5:15 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.) is on or before February 20, 2015.
Top 5 Reasons to Present a Poster:
- Have your work recognized by hundreds of your peers.
- Present important information without speaking from the podium.
- Enhance your hospital's reputation as a national leader in the field.
- Involve junior staff members and provide them a chance to develop their presentation skills.
Include a poster presentation at a national conference on your resume.
- Posters should be informational/educational in nature and be free from any commercial bias.
- Professionally drawn charts, tables and graphics will greatly increase the effectiveness of any poster. Hand lettered materials should be in heavy lettering at least 3/8" high.
- Text should also be printed in fonts of 3/8" height.
- Illustrations and tables should be kept relatively simple to maximize legibility.
- Avoid "arty" style and keep captions brief.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Symbols, letters, and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of six feet.
- A backing of colored paper for each item on the poster board is an inexpensive yet attractive and useful way of enhancing the legibility of the data. Contrast is important.
Some poster presenters provide handouts with a synopsis of their poster presentation by tacking a folder that contains 8 ½ x 11 take-aways to the poster board. You may want to consider this add-on feature.
Posters must be able to fit in the maximum allotted space of 8' wide x 4' tall', however it is not required that you utilize all of the space. You must bring all materials necessary to mount your poster. Posters must be in place by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 19 in the designated area (TBD) at the JW Marriott. Posters should remain up until the meeting adjourns at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22.