Patient access services professionals are those individuals who work in admissions, registration, scheduling, revenue cycle management, patient finance, guest relations and other related areas. All patient access services professionals interested in career growth, creativity, and personal achievement will benefit from the many resources and opportunities available through NAHAM.
Join NAHAM for Valuable Educational and Career Support! Increase your professionalism, improve your skills and enhance your knowledge with:
- The Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) Credentialing Program - A supervised examination program for defining the standards healthcare access management must meet.
- The Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) Examination - A supervised examination for refining the knowledge and skills of the healthcare access associate.
- An Annual National Educational Conference and Exposition, with regional meetings and the opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Educational Scholarships and Awards.
Enhance Your Career - network with your peers via the:
- Membership Directory - containing information pertaining to your colleagues across the United States as well as members located in Canada.
- Job Line - learn of new positions and services available in the industry.
- Annual Educational Conference and Exposition.
- Committees and Regional Activities - conducted by NAHAM's affiliate organizations.
- Access Forum interactive member to member community tool.
- Presence on Facebook and LinkedIn, professional and social networking sites.
Stay Informed - keep on top of the latest regulations and guidelines affecting patient access matters through NAHAM's publications:
- The NAHAM Management Journal - a quarterly source of authoritative and educational information.
- Connections - NAHAM's newsletter with timely updates information about your national association.
Categories of Membership:
Active Members of NAHAM are individuals who have responsibility for managing training or consulting within the healthcare access continuum and other healthcare professionals interested in patient access services. These members are entitled to one vote, serve as a member of a committee and, when also certified, hold office or serve as a Chair of a committee.
Membership dues remain are only $165 per year. That is less than $14 a month! A great price to reap the benefits of membership in NAHAM.
Active Membership follows the calendar year. Newly joining members who register from July through September will pay 50% of the membership fee. Those who join October through December will pay full dues which will cover the remainder of the year that they join plus the following year. Valid only for new members.
Click here to join NAHAM today!
View the Benefits of Active Membership in NAHAM
Associate Membership is designed for those working in non-supervisory front line staff positions in a healthcare setting who are responsible for collecting information from incoming patients regarding services needed. This membership category is also for undergraduates currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution.
Associate members are entitled to one (1) vote and may serve as a member of a committee but may not hold office or serve as a Chair of a committee.Membership dues are only $60 per year and include benefits designed especially for front line staff and undergraduate students with an interest in patient access services.
Click here to join NAHAM today!
View the benefits of Associate Membership
Business Partner Membership:
Business Partner Members of NAHAM are individuals working for businesses who service the healthcare industry with particular relevance to patient access services. These members are not allowed to vote or hold office, but may serve as committee members. NAHAM views its partnership with industry as an Alliance for Success.
Business Partner membership is $1,500 per year and expires one year from date of payment.
Click here to join as a Business Partner
View the Benefits of Business Partner Membership in NAHAM
Honorary Membership is limited to a retired person who has demonstrated dedicated service to the Association or the patient access services field. Upon approval by the Board of Directors, these members shall be exempt from dues. Honorary Members are not be entitled to vote or hold office, nor serve as a committee Chair, but may serve as a committee member.
To be considered, a current NAHAM member may request Honorary Membership for themselves or another person may request Honorary Membership on behalf of someone else. Please complete the information below. Final decision regarding Honorary Member status may be delayed until the next in-person meeting of the board of directors. Call NAHAM at (202) 367-1125 to learn when the next board meeting will be held.
Honorary Member Application Form