Patient access services professionals are those individuals who work in admissions, registration, scheduling, revenue cycle management, patient finance, guest relations and other related areas. All patient access services professionals interested in career growth, creativity, and personal achievement will benefit from the many resources and opportunities available through NAHAM.
NAHAM's growing community of patient access professionals represents all facility types in the healthcare continuum, including:
Patient Access Facilities Include:
- Hospitals & Health Systems
- Physicians' Offices
- Long-Term Care
- Surgery Centers
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- And more (Mental health, psychiatric, behavioral, correctional, drug treatment, adolescent, endoscopy centers, etc.)
See what your colleagues have to say about membership in NAHAM:
Categories of Membership:
Business Partner Membership
Join NAHAM for Valuable Educational and Career Support! Increase your professionalism, improve your skills and enhance your knowledge with:
- The Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) Credentialing Program - A supervised examination program for defining the standards healthcare access management must meet.
- The Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) Examination - A supervised examination for refining the knowledge and skills of the healthcare access associate.
- An Annual National Educational Conference and Exposition, with regional meetings and the opportunity to participate on a committee.
- Educational Scholarships and Awards.
Enhance Your Career - network with your peers via the:
- Membership Directory - containing information pertaining to your colleagues across the United States as well as members located in Canada.
- Job Line - learn of new positions and services available in the industry.
- Annual Educational Conference and Exposition.
- Committees and Regional Activities - conducted by NAHAM's affiliate organizations.
- Access Forum interactive member to member community tool.
- Presence on Facebook and LinkedIn, professional and social networking sites.
Stay Informed - keep on top of the latest regulations and guidelines affecting patient access matters through NAHAM's publications:
- The NAHAM Management Journal - a quarterly source of authoritative and educational information.
- Connections - NAHAM's newsletter with timely updates information about your national association.