Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) &
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA)
Step 1: Thoroughly review the Candidate Guide to Certification.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to read the entire contents of the Guide before applying for the examination.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to know all deadlines associated with the certification process. Late registrations are not accepted. Your examination date may be any day during one of the four test administration periods of January, April, July and October.
- NAHAM does not offer specific testing dates; it is a date chosen by you and your proctor.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to identify and confirm a qualified proctor. NAHAM does not arrange proctors for examination candidates. Contact your Regional Delegate if you can't identify a proctor.
- You may submit your application without paying right away. Simply "Submit Without Payment" so we know you intend to take the examination and send us your payment before your examination date.
- You may only take the examination once per testing window. In order to re-take the CHAA examination at the $20 fee, or the CHAM at the $50 re-take fee, you must test in the next consecutive testing window.
- NAHAM offers the paper/pencil examination only at our Annual Educational Conference.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to understand the Certification Maintenance Program and the applicable deadlines in order to keep their certification active.
- Holding the CHAM or CHAA credential does not convey membership in NAHAM. We invite non-member certificate holders to join us as new members.
- The CHAM & CHAA application fee is non-refundable. Only on the condition of personal illness, death in the family or natural disaster will NAHAM refund any previous paid fees.
- Test payment(s) cannot be transferred to another candidate.
- Once an application has been approved, further testing information will be sent out via e-mail to proctors and candidates about two weeks prior to the start of the testing window.
- NAHAM does not give out individual questions missed on any examination.
Step 2: Answer the following questions:
- Do I have a good understanding of the examination content outline?
- Do I use this knowledge regularly at work?
Step 3: First Timers - Signing up in Certification Central (for non-members and non certificants only)
- Go to NAHAM's home page www.naham.org
- Go to right side of the page under "Sign in” and click "haven’t joined yet”
- Scroll to the bottom and click "non-member”
- Enter your first name, last name, select your region and enter preferred username (usually email address).
- From there you will fill out your contact information and create a password, which will be stored to your profile in Certification Central.
You are logged-in to Certification Central after you submit at step #5. You may go directly to https://certification.naham.org/ and be logged-in there as well!
For a full overview of the process in PDF form please click here.
For the complete Webinar, complete with voice over, please click here.
Step 4: If you answered yes to the questions in Step 2:
Step 5: If you could not answer yes to one or the other question:
- Take the time to assess your strengths and weaknesses in the subject matter and consider applying in the future.