Active Members of NAHAM have responsibility for managing departments and or staff teams, delivering training, or providing consulting services within the healthcare access continuum. These members are entitled to one vote in NAHAM elections, to serve as a member of a committee and, when also certified, to hold office or serve as chairperson of a committee.
Active Membership follows the calendar year. Annual dues are $195. New members who join NAHAM from July through September pay only 50% of the annual membership fee their first year. Those who join October through December will pay $195 which will cover the remainder of the year that they join plus the following year. Valid only for first time newly joining members.
Begin your membership with NAHAM today: Apply now via our secure online form. If you'd prefer to pay by check, you may select that option at checkout and an invoice will be provided.
**Please remember: Membership and Certification are not related. You may be certified through NAHAM without being a member of NAHAM.
Benefits of Active Membership
- NEW in January 2015: NAHAM released NAHAM AccessKeys®, key performance indicators developed specifically for patient access professionals. This members-only tool will help you and your facility monitor performance in five key areas; POS Collections, Private-Pay Conversions, Process Failures, Productivity and Quality. The NAHAM AccessKeys© will be available ONLY to members!
- TheNAHAM Management Journal- A quarterly online publication featuring relevant articles on healthcare topics, updates on new regulations and guidelines, and commentaries by healthcare professionals, the Journal is provided as a benefit of membership at no additional cost.
- Certification - The goals of the voluntary examination programs are to define and measure a standard knowledge, encourage professional growth and individual study, and formally recognize those individuals who fulfill requirements for certification. Credentialing helps ensure the competence of those involved in healthcare delivery. Members of NAHAM will receive a special discounted rate for the CHAM Examination.
- Networking - Meet and communicate with fellow professionals from diverse healthcare access settings; exchange information and ideas with colleagues who share your goals and interests.
- Special Discounts - Members receive discounts on continuing education programs like web seminars, publications, and other products.
- Regional Representation - NAHAM is represented throughout the United States by a network of representatives who serve the membership at the regional level. You're never far from someone who cares about your needs and who may serve as an excellent resource for you!
- Annual Educational Conference - This annual conference and trade show offers a broad range of topics of particular interest to access managers presented by experts and leaders in the healthcare industry. NAHAM members receive special discounts to attend this premiere event.
- Membership Directory - This useful web based resource and handy networking tool serves as a 'who's who' guide linking members to fellow professionals in access management.
- Educational Scholarships- The Dale Williams Memorial Scholarship Award provides a first time NAHAM conference attendee who is a member of our association the opportunity to attend the annual meeting with certain expenses paid.
- Publication Award - The Doris E. Gleason Publication Award recognizes written contributions relevant to the admitting/patient access field.
- Professional Recognition - The Marian Blankenship Award is given annually to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the field of hospital admitting/patient access.
- Career Center - This resource keeps members apprised of new positions available in the field. You may even upload your resume for recruiters to view. Positions are updated frequently.
- Affiliate Organizations - Through NAHAM's Affiliate Program, allied organizations representing local and state access management associates link together to share information.
- Legislative and Regulatory Updates - NAHAM's Policy Development/Government Relations Committee keeps members informed about legislation and regulations at the federal and state level that are relevant to access management.
NAHAM staff can provide you with more information on any of these services - please feel free to contact us. You can make a difference in the future of our profession. Invest in yourself and join NAHAM today!